unofficial mirror of emacs-tangents@gnu.org
From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: emacs-tangents@gnu.org
Cc: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:59:25 +0300	[thread overview]

* Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> [2022-03-01 13:24]:
> I strongly condem Putin's war of agression against the Ukraine.

Me too.

> I support to deliver weapons to Ukraine’s military.

That is insanity. To stop the war one has to do it peacefully. Not by
escalation. This war is in the interest of third parties such as US,
NATO as to minimize powers of Russia. They don't care about
victims. And victims are already many many due to their support like
you said "delivering weapons to Ukraine's military" though in the
first case it wasn't military but para-military Azov Battalion:

Azov Battalion - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Examining the Threat of the Azov Movement in Ukraine - GeoHistory
https://geohistory.today/azov-movement-ukraine/

US Congress stops funding for Ukraine's war-criminal, neo-Nazi Azov Battalion -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net
https://www.sott.net/article/350064-US-Congress-stops-funding-for-Ukraines-war-criminal-neo-Nazi-Azov-Battalion

Because of those deliveries, because of Western support, we can see
conflict in Ukraine. I am sorry for people, victims, those who died
and their families and relatives.

I would like you say "Make love, not war" and then jointly bring EU,
Ukrainian and Russian girls with us, Emacs users -- that would be
positive way of making diplomatic relationships.

And now we have calls for more war on the Emacs List.

Can you just stop and propose peaceful solutions?

Is "weapon" the only mean of communication that you can propose?

Why did not you propose some diplomatic way?

How do you see your position so much more different than the one of
Putin? You support war, Putin support war. That is war. Would you be
Putin, my God, catastrophe.

> I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.

Do you also consider that such sanctions are human crime on everybody
involved in Russian system?

Why do you support punishment of the whole population for the actions
and decisions of their politicians?

Do you understand that many people depend on banking system. 99.9999%
of those people are not related to any war. They are people living
their life. Children cannot get money from their Russian fathers.

Why do you propose escalations and use for that escalations these
mailing lists?

> I support the EU membership of the Ukraine.

For reasons of improving human rights in Ukraine, I would say yes.  EU
constitution has brought good improvements in those countries where
there was abuse of human rights.

Though for overall reasons of globalization, I would not know. I
prefer countries like Norway, Iceland, UK, who are outside of the EU.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman