unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: Rust in the kernel
@ 2022-07-05 18:32 Nathan Dehnel
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2022-07-05 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: akib, guix-devel

>BTW, what's the
status of Viengoos?

The author put it on indefinite hiatus and no one else has the
expertise (and/or interest) to continue to work on it.

* Re: Rust in the kernel
@ 2022-07-05 18:29 Nathan Dehnel
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2022-07-05 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbranso, guix-devel

>GNU Mach, which is what the Hurd runs on.  Is slower that Linux.
There was an attempt to port the Hurd to L4 before.  It is
deemed not possible by the current hurd developers.

This was done with an older L4 (Pistachio, I think) that lacked
capabilities in the kernel. Doing it with SEL4 has not been thoroughly
investigated.

* Rust in the kernel
@ 2022-06-30 16:37 Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2022-06-30 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)