The effort to use the Rust programming language within the Linux kernel is progressing and may be realized in the next few months: https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/899182/6c831b90eaee015e/ https://www.memorysafety.org/blog/memory-safety-in-linux-kernel/ Within Guix, we'll need to adapt our kernel build processes in order to support this. Although I help with updating and configuring the kernel builds, I won't be able to participate in the "Rust in the kernel" effort for Guix. So, interested volunteers should begin organizing :)