Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hi, > > Akib Azmain Turja skribis: > >>> (During that time, interested readers can also take a stab at improving >>> support for the Hurd, which relies on that revolutionary technology >>> called “address spaces” to ensure Memory Safety™ among other things!) >>> >>> Ludo’. >>> >> >> Why "address spaces" is a revolutionary technology? All kernels (except >> the "Hello, World!" ones) use it. > > That was an ironic remark from my part. Virtual memory management and > address spaces are not revolutionary at all: that’s how we protect > processes from stomping onto each other’s toes since the 70’s. > > If the goal really is to improve OS reliability through a > multi-person-year effort, then I believe pouring that effort into a > microkernel-based design would be more fruitful. My 2¢! > > Ludo’. I agree, but it's very hard because the hardware vendors tend to keep things secret, and unfortunately there isn't enough people interested in Hurd. -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5