unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Wilson Bustos <wrbutros@gmail.com>
To: Miguel <rosen644835@gmail.com>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Gender neutral documentation
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 22:11:06 -0400	[thread overview]

>> Right now, yes. If you want to help, that'd make it two. :-)
Ahh ok! I will

>> Well, actually https://translationproject.org is the real platform for
the translation process, but we could define any workflow as needed, I
think. We can agree about that privately or on the tp list (es@tp.org.es),
if needed.

Nice! I'm will check that

>> They aren't rules, they're a synthesis of the intent behind my
translations. I've shown you an actual example of perfect Spanish where the
feminine (grammatical) gender can be applied to any (social) gender. As I
bend a little the conventional rules in the default case, I can understand
the "neo" as an misplaced joke, but I'd stay close to the facts and far
from that kind of modifiers to keep the conversation on topic.

Actually I didn't try to make a joke, I tried to describe the 'new spanish
rules' as that, because is not the 'conventional way' to text Spanish.
Just to be clear, I really appreciate your work and all that you have
translated so far even if I consider the 'new way' to text Spanish is not
correct, but its ok, Its more important have an Spanish version after all.
Then, I understand I should translate in the female (grammatical) spanish
(as a rule) to keep the all the documentation with the same logic.

If in the future someone consider is better modify it to 'traditional
spanish' they can update it I guess.

Regards!