unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Wilson Bustos <wrbutros@gmail.com>
To: Miguel <rosen644835@gmail.com>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Gender neutral documentation
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 19:53:26 -0400	[thread overview]

El July 30, 2019 10:10:21 PM UTC, Wilson Bustos <wrbutros@gmail.com>
escribió:
>>Hello everyone!
>>I would like to help to make guix packages,
>I'm also reading documentation and watching videos about this.
>>
>>But I have some questions.
>>1- Do you have some document which explain what means 'gender neutral'
>>documentation.
>>and how that works in different languages such as Spanish?
>>

> The use of the feminine gender as neutral in the Spanish translation is
intended as explained here:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/es/html_node/Envio-de-parches.html#DOCF40

Thank you so much! that article resolve really well my question!

My other question is:
Are you the only person who translate in Spanish?

- If I help you with some parts have I to sent it to you first?
I ask this because I'm not sure if I can apply all the logic behind the neo
Spanish rules that you apply,

- This rules are also to translate the package description? or only for the
main documentation?