all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* a Trytond service
@ 2017-09-08 19:42 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-09-08 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I'm trying to write a service for Trytond

There are tons of things i don't know/understand

But this is the first one:

The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory" to the
daemon and that such directory should be:

"The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running trytond
must have write access on this directory.
Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."

See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te configuration)

http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database

My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the omonimous
service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be concerned, here

I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here

Any hint appreciated
Thanks in advance