I'm trying to write a service for Trytond There are tons of things i don't know/understand But this is the first one: The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory" to the daemon and that such directory should be: "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running trytond must have write access on this directory. Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond." See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te configuration) http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be concerned, here I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here Any hint appreciated Thanks in advance