all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* a Trytond service
@ 2017-09-08 19:42 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-09-08 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I'm trying to write a service for Trytond

There are tons of things i don't know/understand

But this is the first one:

The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory" to the
daemon and that such directory should be:

"The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running trytond
must have write access on this directory.
Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."

See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te configuration)

http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database

My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the omonimous
service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be concerned, here

I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here

Any hint appreciated
Thanks in advance

* Re: a Trytond service
@ 2017-09-09  7:38 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-09-09  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano, guix-devel

Am 08.09.2017 um 21:42 schrieb Catonano:
> "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running
> trytond must have write access on this directory.
> Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."

I assume this "path" is for the sqlite database. Did you ask the tryton
community? They are quite helpful (I did a lot of work for
openerp/tryton back in the 0.x/1.x ages).

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: a Trytond service
@ 2017-09-09  7:41 ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2017-09-09  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Am 08.09.2017 um 21:42 schrieb Catonano:
> My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the
> omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be
> concerned, here

I suggest making the service more flexible to allow using a sqlite
database, as this would be far enough for samll installations. (Well,
one may argue that "small installations" don't need Tryton, but I one
likes it, why not? There has been a server-less version of tryton until
about a year ago.)

--

@ 2017-09-09 10:39 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2017-09-09 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 21:42:24 +0200
Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a service for Trytond
>
> There are tons of things i don't know/understand
>
> But this is the first one:
>
> The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory"
> to the daemon and that such directory should be:
>
> "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running
> trytond must have write access on this directory.
> Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond."
>
> See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te
> configuration)
>
> http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database
>
> My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the
> omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be
> concerned, here
>
> I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here

Some users for services use some /var/run directory as there home
directory, which works if the data doesn't need to survive reboots.
Otherwise, the data should go in to /var/lib.

The Tryton documentation isn't very clear to me either, Using PostgreSQL
sounds like a good place to start, and ideally it would be flexible
enough that any of the options are available when using the Guix
service.

* Re: a Trytond service
@ 2017-09-10 17:30   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-09-10 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)