On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 21:42:24 +0200 Catonano wrote: > I'm trying to write a service for Trytond > > There are tons of things i don't know/understand > > But this is the first one: > > The Tryton manual states that I need to indicate a "data directory" > to the daemon and that such directory should be: > > "The directory where Tryton stores files and so the user running > trytond must have write access on this directory. > Default: The db folder under the user home directory running trytond." > > See here (notice that this is in the "database" section of te > configuration) > > http://doc.tryton.org/4.4/trytond/doc/topics/configuration.html#database > > My idea was that Tryton would have used a postgres managed by the > omonimous service, so my user and my home folder shouldn't be > concerned, here > > I don't know enough of the Unix assumptions here Some users for services use some /var/run directory as there home directory, which works if the data doesn't need to survive reboots. Otherwise, the data should go in to /var/lib. The Tryton documentation isn't very clear to me either, Using PostgreSQL sounds like a good place to start, and ideally it would be flexible enough that any of the options are available when using the Guix service.