all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Freezing ‘core-updates’ soon?
@ 2021-06-15  8:52 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-06-15  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hello Guix!

What about finally merging that ‘core-updates’ branch?  :-)

The main things to decide on are:

  • Upgrading to GCC 10?  I know Marius has spent time looking at it and
    fixing build failures caused by the upgrade.  Can we do it?

  • Reduced binary seeds—anything new?  My understanding is that the
    reduced binary seed bootstrap now works on ARM, but that we were
    waiting on a Mes release to merge those bits.  Janneke, Danny?

  • Simplified package inputs—I’ll keep working on that, and most of the
    work can be done without a world rebuild, so it’s not a blocker IMO.

Anything else?  Any patches pending review?

It would be great to freeze within a week (that is, stop world-rebuild
changes) with the goal of merging within a six weeks (end of July).

Thoughts?

Ludo’.