all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to make XQuartz/MacOS <--> IceCat/GuixSD fast?
@ 2018-01-15 18:29 George myglc2 Clemmer
From: George myglc2 Clemmer @ 2018-01-15 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I want to speed up IceCat on my GuixSD headless server. I am using
XQuartz/MacOS over 1000BaseT to reach a server with 3.4GHz Intel E3-1240
V3 CPU and SSD storage. ISTM this is about as fast as one can make a
headless server. But IceCat is unusably slow. So I wonder ...

Do you run IceCat remotely from a GuixSD desktop and get good
performance?  If so, please tell me about your setup.

Would Wayland make it faster?

Would an upgrade to a CPU w/GPU make it faster?

TIA - George