unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Writing Indian Languages on GNU/Linux
@ 2020-11-05 14:53 Aniket Patil
From: Aniket Patil @ 2020-11-05 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,
I am planning to start translating Guix manuals. I will first start with
the cookbook, as its a smaller version, and can be translated faster I
think, but If you suggest me to translate guix manual first, I will do so.

I don't have much experience in writing Devnagari or Indian languages on
GNU/Linux. I used to work with Google Input tools, which has some phonetic
writing. If I type "Aniket" It would be "अनिकेत in my language". So it was
phonetic, is there anything like this on GNU/Linux? I have heard of iBUS
but haven't used it yet. So that I won't have to learn a new keymap.

Aniket.