* Copyright assignment
@ 2024-02-02 18:35 Kai Ma
From: Kai Ma @ 2024-02-02 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear maintainers,

I expect to spend some time working on Emacs and hopefully upstream my patches (of course, if people want them).  Therefore, I’m humbly requesting to start the copyright assignment process.  Thanks!

Best regards,
Kai

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2024-04-23 15:20 Forty Five
From: Forty Five @ 2024-04-23 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I would like to start the copyright assignment process.

* Copyright assignment
@ 2024-03-28 17:33 Pedro Morais
From: Pedro Morais @ 2024-03-28 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I made a contribution to one of the repositories from Adam Porter. He asked
me to request the document for Copyright Assignment from you,

Can someone please instruct me what and how should I proceed?

Thanks,

Pedro

* Copyright assignment
@ 2024-03-27  3:23 Artem Yurchenko
From: Artem Yurchenko @ 2024-03-27  3:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I would like to contribute to AUCTeX and GNU/Emacs. How should I proceed wrt the copyright assignment?

Best,
Artem

* Copyright assignment
@ 2024-02-05 21:29 Petter Sakrihei Storvik
From: Petter Sakrihei Storvik @ 2024-02-05 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm looking to contribute to a package available in ELPA. Can someone send me the forms I have to sign and maybe some instructions on how to proceed? Sorry if this info is available online, I can not seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!
--

Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards
Petter Sakrihei Storvik

Phone: +47 958 83 676
E-mail: petterstorvik@gmail.com

* Copyright assignment
@ 2023-12-31  9:53 Slava Akhmechet
From: Slava Akhmechet @ 2023-12-31  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Felician Nemeth

Hello, I'd like to start a copyright assignment process as described in the manual. Could someone please send me copyright assignment forms?

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2023-10-02 12:11 Jinyi Xian
From: Jinyi Xian @ 2023-10-02 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi

I want to contribute to an elpa package (org-notify) and would like to
make a copyright assignment.

I will appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Jinyi

* Copyright assignment
@ 2023-09-09 15:43 Axel Forsman
From: Axel Forsman @ 2023-09-09 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi:

I would like to sign some copyright assignment form of some form.
Where/how do I do that? I am in Sweden if that matters.

(The main reason being that I have written a package
that I believe is a good fit for GNU ELPA:
http://url8156.axelf.se/ls/click?upn=OEjhiLt4EQwBP7BMdu61cV4sca9Texj-2F9QlDxDS4hNBzphhZj1LqyzF7Mjuo7JxFTu0k_1I2drHf7TOM-2BFjFYSrHxnLAP9jSFTsULAwXlGneTUPJdKtJ1xS-2B5ZqNyLnAnmUKA0x6ctQ-2B44uSRxDz7aBJW-2B8To7r4MEjj2wJwGn6ZoyCFQDFM0GlKWhVNVfsdWf3ffeqLnVztm0oso5TvqZiDe6edsWfu3Q5NRX05yLYF2LDXwJX-2Bj3Ov-2B4Rwa45sYQuvpvAreshwDfJuj7kn8O8wzYA-3D-3D )

Thanks
Axel Forsman

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2023-09-08 17:38 Mitch Kyle
From: Mitch Kyle @ 2023-09-08 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm looking for information on how to assign copyright to FSF for the sake
of this pull request. I'm a Canadian living in Canada.

https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm/pull/899

* Copyright assignment
@ 2022-10-21  2:04 Akib Azmain Turja
From: Akib Azmain Turja @ 2022-10-21  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I got the following form about seven month ago from this list.  Is this
form still up to date?

REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

And what's the answer of the last question?  I have some packages that I
intend to add to ELPA, should I include them too?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social, and on Codeberg (user
"akib").

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  Its fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Copyright assignment
@ 2022-10-10  7:55 Roman Rudakov
From: Roman Rudakov @ 2022-10-10  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello, I'd like to sign a copyright assignment to be able to contribute
to emacs core.  Could somebody please send me a form?
--
Best regards, Roman

* Copyright assignment
@ 2022-10-05 21:38 Greg Pfeil
From: Greg Pfeil @ 2022-10-05 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I’d like to sign whatever I need to to be able to contribute to packages in ELPA.

Thanks!

* Copyright assignment
@ 2022-07-10 13:11 Gautier Ponsinet
From: Gautier Ponsinet @ 2022-07-10 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting on this mailing list.

I would like to assign copyright to the Free Software Foundation in
order to be able to contribute to emacs and packages that require this
assignment, such as the ones in the gnu elpa repository.

I have read in the emacs info manual that I should contact this mailing
list to do so. Could someone explain to me what I need to do to
effectively assign copyright to the FSF?

All the best,
Gautier.

* Copyright assignment
@ 2022-03-21 12:12 Akib Azmain Turja
From: Akib Azmain Turja @ 2022-03-21 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have implemented semantic tokens support in Eglot and requested its
maintainer to add it to the codebase[1].  But as Eglot is part of Emacs
and copyrighted by FSF, I need to assign copyright to FSF.

Can you kindly send me the necessary papers and instructions to complete
my paperwork?

[1]: https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/pull/839

--
Akib Azmain Turja

@ 2022-01-31 16:15 Guy Gastineau
From: Guy Gastineau @ 2022-01-31 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html
tells me to inquire here about the copyright assignment.

I am a little confused.  It says we need to do it each time we submit
work.  I assume this means, once we cumulatively reach >=15 lines of sloc
we then retroactively give our copyright assignment to the work, but then
we need to reassign the copyright holding to fsf for future contribution?

I have started putting my pgp key on some keyservers.  Can I send it to a
gnu or fsf specific keyserver?  Should I just export it and send that to
you all here in the mailing list?
I assume then I just need to sign a text document saying whatever legal
magic we need with said pgp key and send it here?

Thank you for helping me figure this out :)

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2021-11-26 18:53 Fredrik Salomonsson
From: Fredrik Salomonsson @ 2021-11-26 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I would like to fill out the form for a copyright assignment to FSF so
that I can contribute to a GNU ELPA package (specifically
nano-modeline). According to the docs I should send an email to this
mailing list to get the ball rolling.

Thanks.

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g

* Copyright assignment
@ 2021-10-13 18:13 Psionic K
From: Psionic K @ 2021-10-13 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

Hello,

I need to get set up to contribute on Emacs, both core and via transient.

--

Psionic K <psionik@positron.solutions>
Software Engineer

*Positron Solutions <https://positron.solutions>*

* Copyright assignment
@ 2021-04-12  7:24 Aaron Gonzales
From: Aaron Gonzales @ 2021-04-12  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi y’all,

I am currently trying to get a pull request merged into a package on emacs called expand-region.el. The owner of the repo stated that I need to get a copyright assignment in order to contribute. Is there a place where I can get the files to sign online and where should I send them to?

Appreciate any and all help and hope you have a great week. Hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Aaron Gonzales

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-12-20 11:05 Leon Vack
From: Leon Vack @ 2020-12-20 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I am submitting my first patch for review and I still need to assign the
copyright to the FSF. Can you send me the relevant paperwork and
instructions?

Best Regards,
Leon

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-12-03 18:42 Valentin Herrmann
From: Valentin Herrmann @ 2020-12-03 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello everyone,

an developer from swiper recommended to me to start the assignment
process, so that i can easily contribute to FSF-copyrighted projects. He
pointed me to this website
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html>.
So here i am, asking for your help. :)

Best regards

Valentin Herrmann

* Copyright assignment
@ 2020-10-18 11:33 jakub-w
From: jakub-w @ 2020-10-18 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

Could anyone send me the copyright assignment forms?
Thanks.

Jakub

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-09-26 16:02 Fox Kiester
From: Fox Kiester @ 2020-09-26 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,

I have contributed to an Emacs package that is looking to move to ELPA
(ivy-posframe). I would like help with the copyright assignment process.

Thank you,
Fox Kiester

* Copyright assignment
@ 2020-09-21 16:25 Dan Harms
From: Dan Harms @ 2020-09-21 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like a copyright assignment for contributing to emacs.
Also some elpa packages, like swiper and auto-complete.
Do I need to list all elpa packages?  Do I need to request a different assignment for every package I may want to contribute to in the future?

Thank you.

Dan Harms

* copyright assignment
@ 2020-05-22 15:39 yyoncho
From: yyoncho @ 2020-05-22 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Could someone please send me a copyright assignment form?

Thanks,
Ivan

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-03-03 16:58 Alexander Adolf
From: Alexander Adolf @ 2020-03-03 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear Emacs developers,

I would like to contribute a new back-end to the EUDC package. Could
someone please send me a copyright assignment form?

Many thanks in advance and cheers,

  --alexander adolf

--
Condition-ALPHA Digital Broadcast Technology Consulting Alexander Adolf
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-03-02 13:57 SK Kim
From: SK Kim @ 2020-03-02 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello.

Could you please send me a copyright assignment form?
I would like to contribute to Posframe package.

Thank you.

SK

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2020-02-18 22:39 Luke Culpepper
From: Luke Culpepper @ 2020-02-18 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org

Hi FSF,

Can you please send me a draft of your copyright assignment<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html#Copyright-Assignment> for GNU Emacs?

Thanks,
Luke

* Copyright assignment
@ 2020-02-14  0:02 Morgan Smith
From: Morgan Smith @ 2020-02-14  0:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Could I get the copyright assignment paperwork please?

Thank you,

Morgan

* Copyright assignment
@ 2020-01-08 18:13 Theodor Thornhill
From: Theodor Thornhill @ 2020-01-08 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello,
I’m looking to get the assignment form, and was instructed to ask here!

Could someone send me the assignment form so that I can contribute?

Thanks in advance,
Theodor Thornhill

* Copyright assignment
@ 2019-12-09 11:33 Luca Nassi
From: Luca Nassi @ 2019-12-09 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I would like to start the process for the copyright assignment
paperwork.

Best regards,

Luca

* Copyright assignment
@ 2019-11-20  9:21 Vladimir Kazanov
From: Vladimir Kazanov @ 2019-11-20  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all!

I am preparing a relatively big patch for submission so I wanted to do
the copyright assignment in advance. I already did it years ago but
it's not relevant any more (new company, new country).

How do I proceed? Currently I am a resident of UK.

Thanks,
Vlad

--
Yours sincerely,

Vladimir Kazanov

--
С уважением,

Владимир Казанов

* copyright assignment
@ 2018-07-26  9:32 akrl
From: akrl @ 2018-07-26  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,
I would like to go through the copyright assignment procedure.
Read this https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html I've been pointed to the mail list.
I'm resident in France with Italian nationality.
Thanks any help is appreciated.

Bests

  Andrea

--
akrl@sdf.org

* copyright assignment
@ 2018-07-26  8:25 akrl
From: akrl @ 2018-07-26  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

@ 2018-03-25 12:16 Shanavas M
From: Shanavas M @ 2018-03-25 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to assign copyright of my works on gnu softwares to FSF.

Can you please guide ?
--
Regards,
Shanavas M

* copyright assignment
@ 2016-12-27 16:09 重村道人
From: 重村道人 @ 2016-12-27 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to assign copyright.
I have sent a patch before, but I didn't know about copyright
assignment. I read this page:
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html#Copyright-Assignment,
but I didn't understand how to assign copyright.

Please let me know about copyright assignment.

Thank you.

--
Michihito Shigemura

* Copyright assignment
@ 2016-09-25 20:07 Tianxiang Xiong
From: Tianxiang Xiong @ 2016-09-25 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'd like to assign copyright to the FSF in case any of my contributions are
accepted. The Emacs manual says to contact emacs-devel@gnu.org.

Is there a form to fill out online? The manual mentions that residents of
some countries can do it entirely electronically; does that apply to the
US?

Thanks,

Tianxiang Xiong

* Copyright Assignment
@ 2016-03-08 21:58 Matt Briggs
From: Matt Briggs @ 2016-03-08 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I would like to assign copyright of my elisp code in order to contribute to
an
ELPA package (yasnippet). Emailing in this list as directed by
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/CONTRIBUTE
[https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/CONTRIBUTE]
I am currently employed as a professional programmer in Canada. If someone
could
point me in the direction of the next step, that would be awesome :)

Matt

* Copyright assignment
@ 2005-08-20  9:00 Jérôme Marant
From: Jérôme Marant @ 2005-08-20  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I sent copyright assignment 4 or 5 fews ago for GNU Emacs, but I did
not receive any acknoledgement so far.

I contacted the copyright clerk with no reply either.

Could anyone help me getting an update on this?

Thanks.

Regards,

--
Jérôme Marant