all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Opportunity For Guix: RFI Areas of long-term focus and Prioritization
@ 2023-08-29  2:45 jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-08-29  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi Guixers,

Just reposting this chat message from Ryan Prior over #guix for anyone interested:

> The US Federal government has an RFI open on "Areas of long-term focus and Prioritization". They're looking for 10 page briefing memos on supporting memory-safe languages, strengthening software supply chains, sustaining FLOSS, behavioural/economic incentives to secure the OSS ecosytem, or other related ideas.
Sounds like an interesting opportunity for Guix hackers

https://cloudisland.nz/@freakboy3742/110969575789548640

I don't have the time currently to submit an RFI on behalf of GNU Guix but maybe someone else is interested in this opportunity?

best,

jgart

* Re: Opportunity For Guix: RFI Areas of long-term focus and Prioritization
@ 2023-09-02  7:08 ` Sarthak Shah
From: Sarthak Shah @ 2023-09-02  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: guix-devel

I second this, this could be something very good for Guix.
We have a number of favorable features that could be desirable in a
high-trust environment such as stability, seamless rollbacks, the ability
to bootstrap completely from source etc.

Regards,
Sarthak.

@ 2023-10-10  3:26 ` Maxim Cournoyer
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2023-10-10  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi jgart,

"jgart" <jgart@dismail.de> writes:

> Hi Guixers,
>
> Just reposting this chat message from Ryan Prior over #guix for anyone interested:
>
>> The US Federal government has an RFI open on "Areas of long-term
> focus and Prioritization". They're looking for 10 page briefing memos
> on supporting memory-safe languages, strengthening software supply
> chains, sustaining FLOSS, behavioural/economic incentives to secure
> the OSS ecosytem, or other related ideas.
> Sounds like an interesting opportunity for Guix hackers
>
> https://cloudisland.nz/@freakboy3742/110969575789548640
>
> I don't have the time currently to submit an RFI on behalf of GNU Guix but maybe someone else is interested in this opportunity?

Thanks for sharing, I've tried my luck.  My RFI reply was about
strengthening free software distribution supply chain via GNU Guix and
GNUnet.

Maxim

* Re: Opportunity For Guix: RFI Areas of long-term focus and Prioritization
@ 2023-10-10  4:31 ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-10-10  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxim Cournoyer; +Cc: guix-devel

Great! Keep us posted on the results.