all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Guix key signing party at FOSDEM?
@ 2018-02-03 14:14 Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-02-03 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi everyone,

It was a pleasure meeting many of you yesterday at the GNU Guix meet-up!

Some people expressed an interest in PGP key signing, but unfortunately
we didn't have time to do that on Friday.  In addition, I'm one of those
who did not register in time for the FOSDEM key signing event, so I
can't participate in that this year.  In spite of this, I'm interested
in doing a mini key signing party with other like-minded Guix members,
if you're still in the area.

Would any of you be interested in getting together for an hour or so to
do this, either today or tomorrow?  If not, that's totally fine - I just
hate to miss the opportunity while I'm here!

I hope you all enjoy FOSDEM!

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Guix key signing party at FOSDEM?
@ 2018-02-03 14:54 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2018-02-03 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, Chris Marusich

Good point! I would suggest tomorrow, so we have a chance of printing our keys at the hotel.

Andreas

@ 2018-02-03 17:31 Alex ter Weele
From: Alex ter Weele @ 2018-02-03 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cmmarusich, guix-devel

I would be interested :) I agree that tomorrow would give people time
to prepare.

* Re: Guix key signing party at FOSDEM?
@ 2018-02-03 20:01   ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2018-02-03 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 03:54:56PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Good point! I would suggest tomorrow, so we have a chance of printing our keys at the hotel.
>
> Andreas
>

> On 3 February 2018 15:14:24 CET, Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi everyone,
> >
> >It was a pleasure meeting many of you yesterday at the GNU Guix
> >meet-up!
> >
> >Some people expressed an interest in PGP key signing, but unfortunately
> >we didn't have time to do that on Friday.  In addition, I'm one of
> >those
> >who did not register in time for the FOSDEM key signing event, so I
> >can't participate in that this year.  In spite of this, I'm interested
> >in doing a mini key signing party with other like-minded Guix members,
> >if you're still in the area.
> >
> >Would any of you be interested in getting together for an hour or so to
> >do this, either today or tomorrow?  If not, that's totally fine - I
> >just
> >hate to miss the opportunity while I'm here!
> >
> >I hope you all enjoy FOSDEM!
> >
> >--
> >Chris

I have some printed slips with my key to hand out, when do we want to do
it? Another options is that last year at the key signing party some people
did show up with some slips and joined the line and handed out slips of
paper instead of identifying their number.

@ 2018-02-04  1:17     ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-02-04  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: guix-devel

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> I have some printed slips with my key to hand out, when do we want to do
> it? Another options is that last year at the key signing party some people
> did show up with some slips and joined the line and handed out slips of
> paper instead of identifying their number.

About 15 of us discussed this over dinner, and we agreed to meet at the
same place and time where FOSDEM will be holding its key signing party
(which is: "Sunday, at 14:00, in the corridor on the second level of the
U building" [1]).  We will meet and conduct our own little key signing
party nearby, without intruding on the main event.

To participate, you just need to (1) know your key fingerprint and
associated user ID, and (2) bring a form of official identification
(e.g., your passport).  To make it easy to share your key fingerprint
and user ID with others, it would be good to create print-outs (or
hand-written copies) so that you can bring them to the party.  When you
do this, please be sure to double check the print-outs for correctness
before coming.

At the party, all we have to do is (1) share fingerprints/user IDs and
(2) verify user IDs using everyone's official form of identification.
There is no need to actually sign keys on the same day.  You can
actually sign the keys later (e.g., after FOSDEM is done - although
sooner is always better!), at which point you should send the signed
keys back to their respective owners.

If there are any errors in what I have said above, please correct me.  I
look forward to doing this together with many of you tomorrow!  As for
you specifically, Efraim: I hope that you will join in after the main
key signing event is done (and that others will stick around long enough
to meet with you, too!).

See you tomorrow,

Footnotes:
[1]  https://fosdem.org/2018/keysigning/

--

@ 2018-02-04 11:37       ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2018-02-04 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Marusich; +Cc: guix-devel

This sounds great. I've been feeling not great the past day or two but I'm starting to feel better and might even make it for a dinner tonight. And of course I'll be at the keysigning.

@ 2018-02-04 16:46 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2018-02-04 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Chris, Guix,

On 2018-02-03 15:14, Chris Marusich wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> It was a pleasure meeting many of you yesterday at the GNU Guix
> meet-up!

I heartily concur.

> Some people expressed an interest in PGP key signing, but unfortunately
> we didn't have time to do that on Friday.  In addition, I'm one of
> those
> who did not register in time for the FOSDEM key signing event, so I
> can't participate in that this year.  In spite of this, I'm interested
> in doing a mini key signing party with other like-minded Guix members,
> if you're still in the area.
>
> Would any of you be interested in getting together for an hour or so to
> do this, either today or tomorrow?  If not, that's totally fine - I
> just
> hate to miss the opportunity while I'm here!

How did this go?

I couldn't make it in time for the Guix subparty today and won't be in
Brussels this evening (I guess I'm officially too old to go ~3 nights
without sleep; good to know) but would like to repeat it next year if
there's interest.

Zz,

T G-R

Sent from a Web browser. Excuse or enjoy my brevity.

* Re: Guix key signing party at FOSDEM?
@ 2018-02-05 22:50   ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-02-05 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: guix-devel

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> How did this go?
>
> I couldn't make it in time for the Guix subparty today and won't be in
> Brussels this evening (I guess I'm officially too old to go ~3 nights
> without sleep; good to know) but would like to repeat it next year if
> there's interest.

It went well!  About a dozen people showed up, and it took between 1 and
2 hours to complete.  Next time, if we plan in advance and make sure
that everyone comes prepared, I'm sure it will go even faster!

--

@ 2018-02-07 21:51     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-02-07 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Marusich; +Cc: guix-devel

Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> skribis:

> Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:
>
>> How did this go?
>>
>> I couldn't make it in time for the Guix subparty today and won't be in
>> Brussels this evening (I guess I'm officially too old to go ~3 nights
>> without sleep; good to know) but would like to repeat it next year if
>> there's interest.
>
> It went well!  About a dozen people showed up, and it took between 1 and
> 2 hours to complete.  Next time, if we plan in advance and make sure
> that everyone comes prepared, I'm sure it will go even faster!

Thanks Chris for organizing it and being this patient.  I’m pretty sure
it can be faster next time, indeed.  :-)

Ludo’.