unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* binary nix install alongside guix on foreign distro
@ 2019-01-08 17:42 Giovanni Biscuolo
From: Giovanni Biscuolo @ 2019-01-08 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi all,

I'd like to test nix alongside guix, both installed on a foreign distro
(Debian in my case)

is someone in this list testing a similar configuration?

is there any danger in mixing both package manager (and the foregin
distro one) on a single system?

AFAIK stores, profiles and builders are separated, so they do not
overlap... and I do not see any other caveat in a similar config... but
I'm a little bit afraid :-O (the host I'll use for testing is also my
daily work workstation)

any comment on this will be very wellcome

thanks
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: binary nix install alongside guix on foreign distro
@ 2019-01-08 20:02 ` Oleg Pykhalov
From: Oleg Pykhalov @ 2019-01-08 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Biscuolo; +Cc: help-guix