Hi, Giovanni Biscuolo writes: > I'd like to test nix alongside guix, both installed on a foreign distro > (Debian in my case) > > is someone in this list testing a similar configuration? > > is there any danger in mixing both package manager (and the foregin > distro one) on a single system? […] No danger, I use both on a foregin distro (Ubuntu 16.04 in my case). To install Guix I would recommend the installation script etc/guix-install.sh [1] which need to be run as root user (e.g. by typing ‘sudo -i’ and then press Enter in Bash). [1] https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh Oleg.