unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* GNOME on Wayland current status
@ 2017-12-24 13:20 Rutger Helling
From: Rutger Helling @ 2017-12-24 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix,

As discussed in patch #29758 I've tried GNOME on Wayland on the
different display managers.

SDDM: Should work, just pick the "GNOME (on Wayland)" session.
SLiM: Doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if SLiM has support for Wayland
sessions at all.
I couldn't get GDM to start, so I don't know if that works or not.

Note that you can use the following command to manually start GNOME on
Wayland:
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland dbus-run-session gnome-session

This seems to require that you've started GNOME via a display manager
first though.