* Don't skip popen.test on MinGW
@ 2014-06-29 16:09 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-06-29 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: ludo, guile-devel

Another issue related to open-process is that popen.test was being
skipped because if-supported returns #f.  I fixed it thusly:

     (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
       (if (or (provided? 'fork)
	       ((string-contains %host-type "-mingw32")))
	   (begin body ...)))

Is this OK?  Again, perhaps the test should be removed, and popen.test
should be run unconditionally?

* Re: Don't skip popen.test on MinGW
@ 2014-06-30 11:10 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-06-30 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Mark H Weaver, guile-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> skribis:

> Another issue related to open-process is that popen.test was being
> skipped because if-supported returns #f.  I fixed it thusly:
>
>      (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
>        (if (or (provided? 'fork)
> 	       ((string-contains %host-type "-mingw32")))
> 	   (begin body ...)))
>
> Is this OK?  Again, perhaps the test should be removed, and popen.test
> should be run unconditionally?

‘if-supported’ was also added when addressing MinGW issues as part of
<http://bugs.gnu.org/13848>.

For now I think it’s best to change it to:

  (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
    (begin body ...))

Ludo’.

* Re: Don't skip popen.test on MinGW
@ 2014-06-30 14:51   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-06-30 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: mhw, guile-devel

> From: ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès)
> Cc: Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org>,  guile-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:10:18 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> skribis:
>
> > Another issue related to open-process is that popen.test was being
> > skipped because if-supported returns #f.  I fixed it thusly:
> >
> >      (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
> >        (if (or (provided? 'fork)
> > 	       ((string-contains %host-type "-mingw32")))
> > 	   (begin body ...)))
> >
> > Is this OK?  Again, perhaps the test should be removed, and popen.test
> > should be run unconditionally?
>
> ‘if-supported’ was also added when addressing MinGW issues as part of
> <http://bugs.gnu.org/13848>.
>
> For now I think it’s best to change it to:
>
>   (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
>     (begin body ...))

Will do that as well, thanks.

* Re: Don't skip popen.test on MinGW
@ 2014-07-03 16:22     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-07-03 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ludo; +Cc: mhw, guile-devel

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:51:29 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: mhw@netris.org, guile-devel@gnu.org
>
> > From: ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès)
> > Cc: Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org>,  guile-devel@gnu.org
> > Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 13:10:18 +0200
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> skribis:
> >
> > > Another issue related to open-process is that popen.test was being
> > > skipped because if-supported returns #f.  I fixed it thusly:
> > >
> > >      (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
> > >        (if (or (provided? 'fork)
> > > 	       ((string-contains %host-type "-mingw32")))
> > > 	   (begin body ...)))
> > >
> > > Is this OK?  Again, perhaps the test should be removed, and popen.test
> > > should be run unconditionally?
> >
> > ‘if-supported’ was also added when addressing MinGW issues as part of
> > <http://bugs.gnu.org/13848>.
> >
> > For now I think it’s best to change it to:
> >
> >   (define-syntax-rule (if-supported body ...)
> >     (begin body ...))
>
> Will do that as well, thanks.

Done.