* Is that change a good idea?
@ 2005-03-17 22:07 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-03-17 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have seen

2005-03-16  Stefan Monnier  <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>

	* help.el (describe-mode): Allow a :minor-mode-function property to
	specify a different minor mode toggle function than the variable.
	* simple.el (auto-fill-function):
	* subr.el (add-minor-mode): Use it.

I have my doubts that the resulting flexibility is really in the best
interest of the users...  In the case where we have to deal with
backward compatibility, would it not be better to use either
defvaralias or defalias to point the "traditional" at the
"straightforward" variable or function?

What do others think?