* Get rid of cut buffer code, any objections?
@ 2010-08-29 17:24 Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-08-29 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello.

I have started to remove cut-buffer support for X11 (nothing checked in
sofar).  Are there any objections?

	Jan D.

* Re: Get rid of cut buffer code, any objections?
@ 2010-08-29 19:54 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2010-08-29 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:
> I have started to remove cut-buffer support for X11 (nothing checked in
> sofar).  Are there any objections?

nope, but man, googling for "x11 cut buffers" dragged up an old netnews
post with jwz going wild with the term 'FSFmacs"... :O

-miles

--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen

* Re: Get rid of cut buffer code, any objections?
@ 2010-08-29 22:16 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-08-29 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> I have started to remove cut-buffer support for X11 (nothing checked
> in sofar).  Are there any objections?

Go for it.  Don't forget NEWS.

* Re: Get rid of cut buffer code, any objections?
@ 2010-08-30  5:47   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-08-30  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: emacs-devel

Miles Bader skrev 2010-08-29 21.54:
> Jan Djärv<jan.h.d@swipnet.se>  writes:
>> I have started to remove cut-buffer support for X11 (nothing checked in
>> sofar).  Are there any objections?
>
> nope, but man, googling for "x11 cut buffers" dragged up an old netnews
> post with jwz going wild with the term 'FSFmacs"... :O

"Cut Buffers:  	Obsolete. Never, ever, ever use them. Ever."

@ 2010-09-02 10:25   ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2010-09-02 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

2010-08-30 00:16, Chong Yidong skrev:
> Jan Djärv<jan.h.d@swipnet.se>  writes:
>
>> I have started to remove cut-buffer support for X11 (nothing checked
>> in sofar).  Are there any objections?
>
> Go for it.  Don't forget NEWS.

Done.  I did forget NEWS and documentation, so there where multiple commits.

@ 2010-09-02 16:02     ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2010-09-02 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel

Jan Djärv <jan.h.d@swipnet.se> writes:

> Done.  I did forget NEWS and documentation, so there where multiple
> commits.

Thanks.  Another barbarous relic bites the dust.