* Package suggestion[nongnu]: Gnosis (γνῶσις)
@ 2024-01-16  8:14 Thanos Apollo
From: Thanos Apollo @ 2024-01-16  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Gnosis (γνῶσις), pronounced "noh-sis", meaning knowledge in Greek, is
a [Spaced Repetition](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced_repetition)
implementation for GNU Emacs.

Gnosis does not implement flashcard type review sessions where the
user rates his own answer on an arbitrary scale. Instead implements
"note" types that require user input. Some of these note types, like
the `MCQ`, multiple choice question, even allow for simulating
real-life exams.

Unlike other SRS implementations for GNU Emacs, gnosis does not rely on
`org-mode`, which I've found not to be an ideal option for a database
replacement. Instead opting for an sqlite database with git to track
any changes made, enabling efficient data management, manipulation and
data integrity.

You can read more on my blog post here:
  <https://thanosapollo.org/blog/gnosis-release/>

This is a personal project of my mine that I made during my winter
holidays, I have found it to be highly beneficial for my use case and,
as a result, I decided to share it with all of you for anyone that's
interested.

Direct link to gnosis repo:
  <https://git.thanosapollo.org/gnosis/>

Any feedback would be appreciated, since I'm far from a programmer and
relatively new to the GNU Emacs ecosystem.

Thank you,

--
Thanos Apollo
https://thanosapollo.org