* Selection bug
@ 2022-10-11 16:29 Justus Winter
From: Justus Winter @ 2022-10-11 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 877 bytes --]

Moin,

there is a bug in notmuch emacs that is mildly annoying.  Sometimes when
I refresh my search buffer, and there are new mails, the topmost
(i.e. newest) message seems to be selected (i.e. with green background),
but in fact if i hit enter (or do any other state changing action like
tagging), notmuch emacs acts on the previously selected message.  There
is a visual clue to that, the block cursor is still on that previously
selected message.

Still, I think it is a bug, and because the green background dominates
the block cursor, I run into this all the time.

I'll attach a screenshot that shows the bug.

This is notmuch straight from Debian bookworm.

ii  elpa-notmuch   0.37-1       all          thread-based email index, search and tagging (emacs interface)
ii  notmuch        0.37-1       amd64        thread-based email index, search and tagging

Best,
Justus