all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
@ 2023-09-05 17:28 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-09-05 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey,

PackagingCon [1] is happening in Berlin on the 26th to the 28th of
October, and the Reproducible Builds summit is happening in Hamburg on
the 31st of October to the 2nd of November.

1: https://packaging-con.org/
2: https://reproducible-builds.org/events/hamburg2023/

I've had a talk proposal on QA and Guix accepted for PackagingCon, and
I'm planning to attend the Reproducible Builds summit as well. Plus I'll
try to make some time to do some tourist stuff while I'm in Germany as
well.

Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
in meeting up in Germany around these dates?

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
@ 2023-09-07 12:31 ` Efraim Flashner
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2023-09-07 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

On Tue, Sep 05, 2023 at 06:28:09PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
> Hey,
>
> PackagingCon [1] is happening in Berlin on the 26th to the 28th of
> October, and the Reproducible Builds summit is happening in Hamburg on
> the 31st of October to the 2nd of November.
>
> 1: https://packaging-con.org/
> 2: https://reproducible-builds.org/events/hamburg2023/
>
> I've had a talk proposal on QA and Guix accepted for PackagingCon, and
> I'm planning to attend the Reproducible Builds summit as well. Plus I'll
> try to make some time to do some tourist stuff while I'm in Germany as
> well.
>
> Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
> in meeting up in Germany around these dates?

I'll be there! Feedback on my talk proposal was that it was perhaps a
bit too niche, so I get to enjoy the conference without giving a talk.
Haven't finalized my dates yet but I'm planning on coming in to Berlin
on the Wednesday (25th?) so I can be there for PackagingCon and then my
wife and kids are flying in on Sunday and we're going to take the train
to Hamburg. No plans yet about which touristy things to do.

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   רנשלפ םירפא

@ 2023-09-09  6:23 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2023-09-09  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

 ---- On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 19:28:09 +0200  Christopher Baines  wrote ---

 > Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
 > in meeting up in Germany around these dates?

I recently moved to Hamburg.  Thank you for informing the list (and particularly me) of these events!  I'd like to attend, if my schedule permits.

* Re: Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
@ 2023-09-19 15:18   ` Tobias Platen
From: Tobias Platen @ 2023-09-19 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

On Sat, 2023-09-09 at 08:23 +0200, Matt wrote:

>  ---- On Tue, 05 Sep 2023 19:28:09 +0200  Christopher Baines  wrote -
> --
>
>  > Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise
> interested
>  > in meeting up in Germany around these dates?
>
> I recently moved to Hamburg.  Thank you for informing the list (and
> particularly me) of these events!  I'd like to attend, if my schedule
> permits.

I live in Göttingen and I am interested too.

* Re: Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
@ 2023-09-28 19:54 ` Théo Tyburn
From: Théo Tyburn @ 2023-09-28 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hey,
>
> PackagingCon [1] is happening in Berlin on the 26th to the 28th of
> October, and the Reproducible Builds summit is happening in Hamburg on
> the 31st of October to the 2nd of November.
>
> 1: https://packaging-con.org/
> 2: https://reproducible-builds.org/events/hamburg2023/
>
> I've had a talk proposal on QA and Guix accepted for PackagingCon, and
> I'm planning to attend the Reproducible Builds summit as well. Plus I'll
> try to make some time to do some tourist stuff while I'm in Germany as
> well.
>
> Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
> in meeting up in Germany around these dates?
>
> Chris
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

I live in Berlin and never met someone using Guix IRL. Would be nice to
organize something before/after/during the conf. Not sure if I can
attend as I don't know my schedule yet.

Cheers,

Théo

* Re: Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-09-28 21:58 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2023-09-28 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

> PackagingCon [1] is happening in Berlin on the 26th to the 28th of
> October […]
> Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
> in meeting up in Germany around these dates?

I don’t seem to have anything planned around the time of PackagingCon,
so should a little Guix meeting happen in Berlin I’d try to make time to
stop by for a while.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Guix related things in Germany at the end of October/start of November
@ 2023-09-29 11:29   ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2023-09-29 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: Christopher Baines, Matt, Théo Tyburn, guix-devel

On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 11:58:10PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:
>
> > PackagingCon [1] is happening in Berlin on the 26th to the 28th of
> > October […]
> > Is anyone else planning to attend these events, or otherwise interested
> > in meeting up in Germany around these dates?
>
> I don’t seem to have anything planned around the time of PackagingCon,
> so should a little Guix meeting happen in Berlin I’d try to make time to
> stop by for a while.

I think I got everyone in the list.

It looks like I won't be traveling with wife & kids this trip.

PackageCon is Thursday & Friday in Berlin with a hackday on Saturday.
Then Reproducible Builds is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in Hamburg.
Saturday hackathon entrance fee is 5€ I think but it comes with the
location and I assume outlets and internet and seems like a good idea to
repurpose it for a meetup. Or we can meetup for food at some point.

I don't have any ideas yet for Hamburg, except that I don't know if
Chris has any plans on when he's heading over from Berlin and I haven't
booked anything yet.

--

@ 2023-09-29 11:41     ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-09-29 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)