all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* artanis ?
@ 2017-03-01  2:23 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-03-01  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I installed Artanis in my profile.

Now, at the guile prompt, I can't load the Artanis modules

scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (artanis artanis)
While executing meta-command:
ERROR: no code for module (artanis artanis)

* Re: artanis ?
@ 2017-03-01 13:17 ` Adonay Felipe Nogueira
From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira @ 2017-03-01 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I also got the same problem, but I don't know how to solve it yet.

The following issues seem to be related:

- [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/artanis/2016-05/msg00001.html]]
- [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2016-02/msg00025.html]]

However, I don't exactly know how to fix this, both because I'm not a
Scheme programmer, and also because I'm not a programmer at all.

There is one ugly workaround though:

Make sure that the shell variables $GUILE_LOAD_PATH and
$GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH have the Guile paths from your current Guix
profile included, it should be something like this:

GUILE_LOAD_PATH="$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site:${GUILE_LOAD_PATH:+:}$GUILE_LOAD_PATH"

Try to see if "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site" exists and has Artanis
inside, if not try the following ones (do not point to Artanis
directly):

- "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/2.0/site"
- "$GUIX_PROFILE/share/guile/site/2.0"

However, as I said earliear, this doesn't seem to be a fix, it's more
like a workaround, since (as far as the previous references point to),
it's the Artanis project's code that has to be fixed.

* Re: artanis ?
@ 2017-03-01 17:11   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-03-01 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira; +Cc: help-guix

> I also got the same problem, but I don't know how to solve it yet.

Thank you. That was a nice wrap up.

I'd contribute but I can't deal with the autotools.

* Re: artanis ?
@ 2017-03-07  1:18   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-03-07  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adonay Felipe Nogueira; +Cc: help-guix