all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#31377: mpd state file
@ 2018-05-07  7:30 Bradley Haggerty
From: Bradley Haggerty @ 2018-05-07  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 31377

There doesn't seem to currently be support for an mpd state file. On
another distro, in my mpd config I would have a line like this:
state_file "~/.config/mpd/state"

and it would basically keep all the songs I had played before in its
temporary playlist. Currently if I restart mpd, this gets wiped. You can
visually look at it via ncmpcpp in the main window. Anything that you put
there goes away after an mpd restart.

* bug#31377: mpd state file
@ 2018-11-02  3:32 ` Leo Famulari
       [not found]   ` <CABGw91f53RNQnXThj5Hh10A1n4vUm46Wo8B0mp5Fhr03rqG__g@mail.gmail.com>
From: Leo Famulari @ 2018-11-02  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bradley Haggerty; +Cc: 31377

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 02:30:24AM -0500, Bradley Haggerty wrote:
> There doesn't seem to currently be support for an mpd state file. On
> another distro, in my mpd config I would have a line like this:
> state_file "~/.config/mpd/state"
>
> and it would basically keep all the songs I had played before in its
> temporary playlist. Currently if I restart mpd, this gets wiped. You can
> visually look at it via ncmpcpp in the main window. Anything that you put
> there goes away after an mpd restart.

Are you still having this issue? I use MPD from Guix on GuixSD and on
another distro, and in both cases the state file works as expected.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* bug#31377: mpd state file
       [not found]   ` <CABGw91f53RNQnXThj5Hh10A1n4vUm46Wo8B0mp5Fhr03rqG__g@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2018-11-02 20:46     ` Leo Famulari