all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* binary installation script on fedora
@ 2018-02-11 11:39 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2018-02-11 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I installed Guix with Sharlatan's and Rekado's  script on my Fedora desktop

When I try to build a checked out Guix, whithin an environment, I get

configure: checking for guile 2.2
configure: found guile 2.2
checking for guile-2.2... no
checking for guile2.2... no
checking for guile-2... no
checking for guile2... /usr/bin/guile2
configure: error: found development files for Guile 2.2, but
/usr/bin/guile2 has effective version 2.0

within the same environment, I do

[catonano@localhost guix] $ which guile
/gnu/store/d51zyb0z0vzij0kxy2k01fab483z80v6-profile/bin/guile
[catonano@localhost guix] $ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.2

License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>.

so why doesn' t this guile get found ?

You may have noticed that the prompt is not preceded by "(env)" as it
happens on GuixSD

but when in the env, things form the env get found and if I do "exit" a new
prompt gets returned and the things from the env are gone, like this

[catonano@localhost guix] $ exit
exit
[catonano@localhost guix] $ which guile
/usr/bin/guile
[catonano@localhost guix] $ guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.14

License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>.

* Re: binary installation script on fedora
@ 2018-02-11 13:41 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-02-11 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:

> I installed Guix with Sharlatan's and Rekado's  script on my Fedora desktop
>
> When I try to build a checked out Guix, whithin an environment, I get

> configure: checking for guile 2.2
> configure: found guile 2.2
> checking for guile-2.2... no
> checking for guile2.2... no
> checking for guile-2... no
> checking for guile2... /usr/bin/guile2
> configure: error: found development files for Guile 2.2, but
> /usr/bin/guile2 has effective version 2.0

Try a pure environment instead.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* Re: binary installation script on fedora
@ 2018-02-12 10:11   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2018-02-12 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

> Try a pure environment instead.

with a pure environmet I get this

Install package 'procps-ng' to provide command 'pidof'? [N/y] N
bash: which: comando non trovato...
ERROR: virtualenvwrapper_lazy.sh: Could not find virtualenvwrapper.sh

notice that the first question is in English, the second one is in Italian.

* Re: binary installation script on fedora
@ 2018-02-12 10:33     ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-02-12 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:

> with a pure environmet I get this
>
> Install package 'procps-ng' to provide command 'pidof'? [N/y] N
> bash: which: comando non trovato...
> ERROR: virtualenvwrapper_lazy.sh: Could not find virtualenvwrapper.sh

This is a Fedora feature.  Your prompt tries to run a couple of
commands, but they are not found in a pure environment.  Fedora then
offers to install the packages that provide these missing commands.

--

@ 2018-02-17 19:37     ` Oleg Pykhalov
From: Oleg Pykhalov @ 2018-02-17 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix