I installed Guix with Sharlatan's and Rekado's script on my Fedora desktop When I try to build a checked out Guix, whithin an environment, I get ... configure: checking for guile 2.2 configure: found guile 2.2 checking for guile-2.2... no checking for guile2.2... no checking for guile-2... no checking for guile2... /usr/bin/guile2 configure: error: found development files for Guile 2.2, but /usr/bin/guile2 has effective version 2.0 within the same environment, I do [catonano@localhost guix] $ which guile /gnu/store/d51zyb0z0vzij0kxy2k01fab483z80v6-profile/bin/guile [catonano@localhost guix] $ guile --version guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.2 Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later . This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. so why doesn' t this guile get found ? You may have noticed that the prompt is not preceded by "(env)" as it happens on GuixSD but when in the env, things form the env get found and if I do "exit" a new prompt gets returned and the things from the env are gone, like this [catonano@localhost guix] $ exit exit [catonano@localhost guix] $ which guile /usr/bin/guile [catonano@localhost guix] $ guile --version guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.14 Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later . This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.