all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Google Summer of Code?
@ 2023-02-08  9:03 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2023-02-08  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

Jose Marchesi applied to have GNU participate as an umbrella
organization in GSoC:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2023-02/msg00000.html

Participation in internship programs was discussed at the Guix Days and
quite a few people were enthusiastic about resuming participation in
these programs.

I think we could submit project ideas as Jose outlines in the message
above, possibly starting by collecting them on a wiki page as we did in
the past.  For reference, this is what we had in previous years:

  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2021
  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/GSoC-2020

Who would like to coordinate that effort and/or offer to mentor a
specific project?

(I am not offering to do any of these :-) but I’m happy to provide
feedback or share my experience regarding mentoring.)

Ludo’.