all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem using multiple manifest files
@ 2018-10-12 21:50 Thaddäus Töppen
From: Thaddäus Töppen @ 2018-10-12 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix community,

I am new to Guix, and I am having trouble, using multiple manifest files.
For example, I have a file "emacs.scm", containing:

(specifications->manifest
  '("emacs" "emacs-evil"))

…and then other similar files, bundling different things, like programming
languages / xorg stuff etc.

When I use "guix package -m emacs.scm" it installs the packages and they
are available. When I then install the next manifest file's packages, the
"emacs.scm" packages are no longer available – the links in
"~/.guix-profile/bin" have been removed.

Am I correct in assuming, that only one manifest file can be installed at a
time, thus all package definitions have to be in one file (or at least
imported into a main-package-file)?

Also: If I have more (beginner) questions, should I drop them all in one
mail or create separate threads

Best Regards
Thaddäus