all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNU Guix on iPad2 (A1395)
@ 2022-09-24 11:31 Jacob Hrbek
From: Jacob Hrbek @ 2022-09-24 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel@gnu.org

Context: I have this iPad 2 that I got as a gift from a friend who was upgrading on the newer version to try to get me to like Apple. I hate it and it was in my storage unused for many years so now I am trying to get GNU Guix on it with GNOME.

To achieve this I merged the required packages in guix (https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57902 and https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57871) and thanks to the jailbreaking community i can use Checkm8 exploit([https://github.com/axi0mX/ipwndfu](https://github.com/axi0mX/ipwndfu[12])) to get full write access to the device and unlock the bootloader to boot unsigned OS and linux-libre seems to have all required drivers to run on the device, see the current progress in https://git.dotya.ml/kreyren/kreyren/issues/30

The issue is that i can't get libusbmuxd (the daemon used to communicate with iDevices from Linux) to work on GNU Guix likely due to a configuration error in guix to perform the exploit and install guix, can someone help? https://github.com/libimobiledevice/ideviceinstaller/issues/147

Any relevant info on how to get iPad 2 or other iDevices to work with GNU Guix also appreciated.
-- Jacob "Kreyren" Hrbek