all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-next native compilation failures
@ 2022-10-12  8:22 Max Brieiev
From: Max Brieiev @ 2022-10-12  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

Recently, Guix started building Emacs with native compilation.

I did 'guix pull' few days ago (I hadn't done it for a few months), and
it broke my Emacs.

The 'guix package -u emacs-next' finished building Emacs successfully.

However, when I start Emacs, the native compiler starts doing it's job
and I see tons of compilation errors like this:

    Deleting /tmp/comp-lambda-RCGJQI.eln
    comp--native-compile: Native compiler error: (lambda (&rest arg1) (let ((f #'make-process)) (apply f arg1))), "Compiling /tmp/comp-lambda-RCGJQI.eln...
    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc-10.3.0: fatal error: cannot execute ‘as’: execvp: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.

This seems to be something wrong with libgccjit dependency.

If I understand correctly, it did its job successfully during build time
(since Emacs compiled successfully), but it fails now to compile
packages during runtime. Is it correct?

How do I fix this?

Note, I don't use Guix to install Emacs packages, for now I use built-in
package.el to install packages from Elpa/Melpa.