all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* file transfer
@ 2024-04-07 10:41 gfp
       [not found] ` <5f2022b4-b016-9a2e-e6ab-29968827dd5d@puu.re>
From: gfp @ 2024-04-07 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 167 bytes --]

Hi Guix,

if I want to transfer a file, because in Thunderbird/Email it doesn't
work at the moment,
what are good possibilities?

thanks for help

Gottfried

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: OpenPGP public key --]

* Re: file transfer
@ 2024-04-07 12:46 ` Luis Felipe
       [not found] ` <5f2022b4-b016-9a2e-e6ab-29968827dd5d@puu.re>
From: Luis Felipe @ 2024-04-07 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gfp, help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 732 bytes --]

Hi gfp,

El 7/04/24 a las 10:41, gfp escribió:
> Hi Guix,
>
> if I want to transfer a file, because in Thunderbird/Email it doesn't
> work at the moment,
> what are good possibilities?

If I were to send the file to another person, I'd try any of these

 1. Use a web mail client
 2. Try another desktop client (Geary, Evolution, ...)
 3. Check if the other person uses Jami and send them the file

If I were to send the file to machines under my control

 1. Use a USB stick or SD card (for local machines)
 2. Use SSH plus rsync (for local or remote machines)

Also, for what it's worth, I'm on a Guix System with guix 76a3414, which
provides Icedove 102.15.0 (64-bit), and I can attach files normally.

@ 2024-04-08 18:02   ` gfp
From: gfp @ 2024-04-08 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe, help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 938 bytes --]

Hi Luis,

thanks for your Email.

I also have got Icedove 102.15.0 (64-bit), but it doesn’t work at the
moment.

@ 2024-04-08 19:27     ` Océane Raquin
From: Océane Raquin @ 2024-04-08 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Gottfried,

 > I also have got Icedove 102.15.0 (64-bit), but it doesn’t work at the
 > moment.

Would you consider using Magic Wormhole? Warp is available on Flathub
and you may download either Destiny or Warpinator on F-Droid. It's
private, P2P, and thus has no file size limit.

For small files, that don't contain personal/sensitive data or that have
already been published somewhere else, my go-to solution (from my
computer) is https://ttm.sh/.

Best,

Océane

* Re: file transfer
       [not found] ` <5f2022b4-b016-9a2e-e6ab-29968827dd5d@puu.re>
@ 2024-04-14 19:12   ` gfp
       [not found]     ` <b74930e2-62a2-4d57-a83e-c5b30fcee425@puu.re>
From: gfp @ 2024-04-14 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sÿ, help-guix

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 969 bytes --]

Hi Sy,

thanks for informing me.

> I had the same problem with icedove and firefox recently after the
>> Wayland by default update.
>>
>> As I installed icedove and firefox as user packages, it worked after I
>> upgraded the user packages with "guix package -u" and maybe a reboot. I
>> don't remember this last part.

What makes the difference if I install icedove and firefox as user packages
or install them in a profile?

Now after upgrading I have got KDE with X11 (like before)
and additionally KDE with wayland (which I didn't have earlier).

thanks for help

Gottfried

@ 2024-04-18  9:10       ` gfp
From: gfp @ 2024-04-18  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)