all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Anyone using libhilbert?
@ 2017-08-29 19:13 Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2017-08-29 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, bavier

Guix,
Eric,

The sources[0] for our[1] libhilbert package have been missing from the
Web for a while. At least since March[2].

It's not the easiest package or author to track down, and I lost
interest after a while since I'm not really familiar with either.

Is anyone still using this (leaf) package? Does anyone have a back-up
copy of the sources in their store, in case someone is?

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://web.cs.dal.ca/~chamilto/hilbert/libhilbert-0.2-1.tar.gz
[1]: distinct from https://github.com/aipescience/libhilbert, AFAICT
[2]: https://github.com/atoader/HilbertRTree/issues/2

* Re: Anyone using libhilbert?
@ 2017-08-29 20:32 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2017-08-29 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: guix-devel, bavier

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:13:03PM +0200, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
> It's not the easiest package or author to track down, and I lost
> interest after a while since I'm not really familiar with either.

I think this is the author's new web page:
   https://www.lpl.arizona.edu/hamilton/

I just tracked it down for the fun of it, and am not interested in
the package myself.

Andreas

* Re: Anyone using libhilbert?
@ 2017-08-29 20:35   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2017-08-29 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: guix-devel, bavier

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:32:47PM +0200, Andreas Enge wrote:
> I think this is the author's new web page:
>    https://www.lpl.arizona.edu/hamilton/

Hm, or probably not. The relationship between volcanoes and Hilbert curves is
maybe a bit too far-fetched, whereas there may have been several people of this
name (or last name plus initial) at Dalhousie over the last few years...

Andreas

* Re: Anyone using libhilbert?
@ 2017-09-08 19:09 ` Eric Bavier
From: Eric Bavier @ 2017-09-08 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice; +Cc: guix-devel, bavier

Hello Tobias,

> The sources[0] for our[1] libhilbert package have been missing from
> the
> Web for a while. At least since March[2].
>
> It's not the easiest package or author to track down, and I lost
> interest after a while since I'm not really familiar with either.
>
> Is anyone still using this (leaf) package?

I packaged it originally intending to use it as an input for our deal.II package, but never got a chance to make it happen.

> Does anyone have a back-up
> copy of the sources in their store, in case someone is?

I'll try to figure out what upstream packages are doing given the disappearance of the source.  Someone probably has a copy floating around.

`~Eric