all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Maintaining Jami #3
@ 2020-01-07 12:05 Jan
From: Jan @ 2020-01-07 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

I sent the patches to the mailing list, hope this time it'll be
threaded properly. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

Jan Wielkiewicz

* Maintaining Jami #3
@ 2020-01-10 20:17 Jan
From: Jan @ 2020-01-10 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with running Jami on an forein distribution - when I
try running Jami, I get the following message:

Locale not supported by C library.
Using the fallback 'C' locale.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what(): locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
/home/user/.guix-profile/bin/jami: line 46: 3874 Aborted  (core dumped)
ami-gnome $*

Guix nagged me about some locales and profiles and profiles, so I added
the commands it asket for to .bashrc. It fixed for example icecat
having no characters displayed, but didn't fork for Jami.
What am I missing?
I need to try running it on a foreign distro to check if my hardware is
not an issue, since Jami devs can't reproduce the issue I wrote about
some mails ago.

Jan Wielkiewicz