all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#28470: caff in the signing-party package can't find sendmail on GuixSD
@ 2017-09-15 18:33 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2017-09-15 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 28470

When using caff from the signing-tools pacakge, it looks for sendmail
in the wrong places [1]. It would be useful to find a way to make it
work when installed.

I have found a workaround, which is to specify PERL_MAILERS as
sendmail:$(type -p sendmail), e.g.:

    PERL_MAILERS=sendmail:$(type -p sendmail) caff ...

1: /usr/lib/sendmail;/usr/sbin/sendmail;/usr/ucblib/sendmail

* bug#28470: caff in the signing-party package can't find sendmail on GuixSD
@ 2017-10-09 21:37 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-10-09 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: 28470

Hi Christopher,

> When using caff from the signing-tools pacakge, it looks for sendmail
> in the wrong places [1]. It would be useful to find a way to make it
> work when installed.
>
> I have found a workaround, which is to specify PERL_MAILERS as
> sendmail:$(type -p sendmail), e.g.:
>
>     PERL_MAILERS=sendmail:$(type -p sendmail) caff ...
>
> 1: /usr/lib/sendmail;/usr/sbin/sendmail;/usr/ucblib/sendmail

What is the expected behaviour here?  Does it *only* work with sendmail?
Or would any mailer (like msmtp) work?  Should the user’s default mailer
be used or should we embed a reference to a specific mailer?

--
Ricardo, an msmtp user

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net

* bug#28470: caff in the signing-party package can't find sendmail on GuixSD
@ 2017-10-10  7:31   ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2017-10-10  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: 28470