On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 23:37:49 +0200 Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Hi Christopher, > > > When using caff from the signing-tools pacakge, it looks for > > sendmail in the wrong places [1]. It would be useful to find a way > > to make it work when installed. > > > > I have found a workaround, which is to specify PERL_MAILERS as > > sendmail:$(type -p sendmail), e.g.: > > > > PERL_MAILERS=sendmail:$(type -p sendmail) caff ... > > > > 1: /usr/lib/sendmail;/usr/sbin/sendmail;/usr/ucblib/sendmail > > What is the expected behaviour here? Does it *only* work with > sendmail? Or would any mailer (like msmtp) work? Should the user’s > default mailer be used or should we embed a reference to a specific > mailer? I don't have any expectations, but ideally, it would work without specifying this environment variable. I think approaches other than sendmail are supported [1], but I'm unsure if that includes msmtp. 1: https://metacpan.org/pod/Mail::Mailer#DESCRIPTION This is probably more about the Mail::Mailer perl package in the perl-mailtools package, than caff, that just uses Mail::Mailer. I spent a bit of time looking at the Mail::Mailer source code when trying to get caff working, but unfortunately, bits of it are still a bit cryptic to me.