all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ncurses conflicts between master and core-updates
@ 2017-01-06  5:19 Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2017-01-06  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

There's a tricky conflict in the ncurses package definition between
master and core-updates.

On core-updates, there is 57742b35dc026 (gnu: ncurses: Install
pkg-config ‘.pc’ files.), and on master, it's d230cf61f6a (gnu: ncurses:
support mingw.).

The mingw commit added some conditionals relating to mingw, and I'm not
sure if the pkg-config change should be applied for mingw builds or not.

Can you give me advice about how to resolve this, or merge master into
core-updates yourself?  There are a few other conflicts, but they are
easy to resolve.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: ncurses conflicts between master and core-updates
@ 2017-01-06 13:18 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-06 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello!

(Cc: Jan.)

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> skribis:

> There's a tricky conflict in the ncurses package definition between
> master and core-updates.
>
> On core-updates, there is 57742b35dc026 (gnu: ncurses: Install
> pkg-config ‘.pc’ files.), and on master, it's d230cf61f6a (gnu: ncurses:
> support mingw.).
>
> The mingw commit added some conditionals relating to mingw, and I'm not
> sure if the pkg-config change should be applied for mingw builds or not.

I think it can’t hurt MinGW cross-builds to keep the pkg-config change.

> Can you give me advice about how to resolve this, or merge master into
> core-updates yourself?  There are a few other conflicts, but they are
> easy to resolve.

Your question was probably for Jan, no?

Ludo’.

* Re: ncurses conflicts between master and core-updates
@ 2017-01-06 20:33   ` Jan Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen @ 2017-01-06 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> There's a tricky conflict in the ncurses package definition between
>> master and core-updates.
>>
>> On core-updates, there is 57742b35dc026 (gnu: ncurses: Install
>> pkg-config ‘.pc’ files.), and on master, it's d230cf61f6a (gnu: ncurses:
>> support mingw.).
>>
>> The mingw commit added some conditionals relating to mingw, and I'm not
>> sure if the pkg-config change should be applied for mingw builds or not.

> I think it can’t hurt MinGW cross-builds to keep the pkg-config change.

Yes.

> Your question was probably for Jan, no?

I started doing a manual merge this morning and then forgot.  I pushed
a manual merge of both commits to

    f55d1eff65ea -- https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/tree/master

and tested it builds mingw ncurses and mingw guile

    ./pre-inst-env guix build --keep-failed --target=i686-w64-mingw32 ncurses
    ./pre-inst-env guix build --keep-failed --target=i686-w64-mingw32 guile

HTH -- Greetings,
Jan

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl

* Re: ncurses conflicts between master and core-updates
@ 2017-01-06 22:22     ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2017-01-06 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Nieuwenhuizen; +Cc: guix-devel

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 09:33:50PM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>
> >> There's a tricky conflict in the ncurses package definition between
> >> master and core-updates.
> >>
> >> On core-updates, there is 57742b35dc026 (gnu: ncurses: Install
> >> pkg-config ‘.pc’ files.), and on master, it's d230cf61f6a (gnu: ncurses:
> >> support mingw.).
> >>
> >> The mingw commit added some conditionals relating to mingw, and I'm not
> >> sure if the pkg-config change should be applied for mingw builds or not.
>
> > I think it can’t hurt MinGW cross-builds to keep the pkg-config change.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Your question was probably for Jan, no?
>
> I started doing a manual merge this morning and then forgot.  I pushed
> a manual merge of both commits to
>
>     f55d1eff65ea -- https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/tree/master

Thanks Jan! I used this resolve the conflict, and I updated the
core-updates branch.