all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Preparing for 0.12.0
@ 2016-11-30 12:44 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-11-30 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix!

A new release is long overdue!

We’ve accumulated lots of bug fixes and new bu^W features already.

So what are the next steps?  I think mainly we should be freezing
‘staging’ today (let’s see if there are packages to “ungraft”!) and
start building it in the hope of merging it next week.  If everything
goes well, we can release after that.

How does that sound?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Preparing for 0.12.0
@ 2016-11-30 12:57 ` David Craven
From: David Craven @ 2016-11-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo!

> How does that sound?

Stupid question: Is staging the core-updates branch? I thought that
the core-updates branch was already frozen, merged into master and
ready for the next set of core updates? But it sounds good :)

David

* Re: Preparing for 0.12.0
@ 2016-11-30 13:28 ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2016-11-30 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès, guix-devel

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Guix!
>
> A new release is long overdue!
>
> We’ve accumulated lots of bug fixes and new bu^W features already.
>
> So what are the next steps?  I think mainly we should be freezing
> ‘staging’ today (let’s see if there are packages to “ungraft”!) and
> start building it in the hope of merging it next week.  If everything
> goes well, we can release after that.

A quick grep for 'replacement' digs up these grafts:

* cairo      (1059 rebuilds)
* curl       (1356 rebuilds)
* cyrus-sasl (1360 rebuilds)
* dbus       (1187 rebuilds)
* guile@2.0  (1457 rebuilds)
* libtiff    (1672 rebuilds)
* libxslt    (2765 rebuilds)
* pixman     (1061 rebuilds)
* ruby       (344 rebuilds)

There is probably a fair bit of overlap between cairo, dbus and pixman.
Are these OK for staging? Ruby is an obvious candidate, I'll do that.

> How does that sound?

Great! :-)

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Preparing for 0.12.0
@ 2016-11-30 16:27   ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2016-11-30 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 02:28:46PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
> > So what are the next steps?  I think mainly we should be freezing
> > ‘staging’ today (let’s see if there are packages to “ungraft”!) and
> > start building it in the hope of merging it next week.  If everything
> > goes well, we can release after that.

Yes, let's stick the schedule :)

> A quick grep for 'replacement' digs up these grafts:
>
> * cairo      (1059 rebuilds)
> * curl       (1356 rebuilds)
> * cyrus-sasl (1360 rebuilds)
> * dbus       (1187 rebuilds)
> * guile@2.0  (1457 rebuilds)
> * libtiff    (1672 rebuilds)
> * libxslt    (2765 rebuilds)
> * pixman     (1061 rebuilds)
> * ruby       (344 rebuilds)
>
> There is probably a fair bit of overlap between cairo, dbus and pixman.
> Are these OK for staging? Ruby is an obvious candidate, I'll do that.

I think it's okay to ungraft those packages on staging. Thanks Marius!

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Preparing for 0.12.0
@ 2016-11-30 17:48     ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2016-11-30 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo Famulari; +Cc: guix-devel

Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 02:28:46PM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote:
>> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
>> > So what are the next steps?  I think mainly we should be freezing
>> > ‘staging’ today (let’s see if there are packages to “ungraft”!) and
>> > start building it in the hope of merging it next week.  If everything
>> > goes well, we can release after that.
>
> Yes, let's stick the schedule :)
>
>> A quick grep for 'replacement' digs up these grafts:
>>
>> * cairo      (1059 rebuilds)
>> * curl       (1356 rebuilds)
>> * cyrus-sasl (1360 rebuilds)
>> * dbus       (1187 rebuilds)
>> * guile@2.0  (1457 rebuilds)
>> * libtiff    (1672 rebuilds)
>> * libxslt    (2765 rebuilds)
>> * pixman     (1061 rebuilds)
>> * ruby       (344 rebuilds)
>>
>> There is probably a fair bit of overlap between cairo, dbus and pixman.
>> Are these OK for staging? Ruby is an obvious candidate, I'll do that.
>
> I think it's okay to ungraft those packages on staging. Thanks Marius!

Done! I took the liberty of merging 'master' as well to get the recent
cairo graft. Luckily no conflicts. Also updated dbus to the latest
stable '1.10.14' (from 1.10.12).

Apparently ruby was already ungrafted.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Preparing for 0.12.0