all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Missing configure
@ 2015-12-08 22:04 Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-12-08 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-numa; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

the source code of numactl-2.0.10 is missing the "configure" file (and
potentially other files generated by the autotoools). Could you create
the tarball via the command "make dist"? This creates all necessary files
so that users who want to compile the package can do so without running
"autogen.sh", which means without installing the autotools themselves,
and by simply running the classic "./configure && make check && make install".

Incidentally, it will also simplify the packaging work for gnu/linux
distributions.

Andreas

* Re: Missing configure
@ 2015-12-11 15:50 ` Filipe Brandenburger
From: Filipe Brandenburger @ 2015-12-11 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: linux-numa, guix-devel

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 2:04 PM, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> the source code of numactl-2.0.10 is missing the "configure" file (and
> potentially other files generated by the autotoools). Could you create
> the tarball via the command "make dist"? This creates all necessary files
> so that users who want to compile the package can do so without running
> "autogen.sh", which means without installing the autotools themselves,
> and by simply running the classic "./configure && make check && make install".

This has been fixed on 2.0.11.

At this time, we don't really have plans to fix the 2.0.10 tarball
retroactively... The 2.0.11 release only includes two small commits on
top of 2.0.10, so I'd recommend going with it directly.

> Incidentally, it will also simplify the packaging work for gnu/linux
> distributions.

Indeed! This was a big motivation for the switch to automake...

Let us know if 2.0.11 works for you now.

Cheers!
Filipe

* Re: Missing configure
@ 2015-12-12  9:31   ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2015-12-12  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Filipe Brandenburger; +Cc: linux-numa, guix-devel

Hello Filipe!

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 07:50:07AM -0800, Filipe Brandenburger wrote:
> This has been fixed on 2.0.11.
> At this time, we don't really have plans to fix the 2.0.10 tarball
> retroactively... The 2.0.11 release only includes two small commits on
> top of 2.0.10, so I'd recommend going with it directly.

If there is a new release, indeed there is no need to repackage the previous
one. I just updated our numactl package in GNU Guix, and it builds well.
Thanks for your fast reaction!

Andreas