all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Question about the use of GNU Guix in production
@ 2022-09-07 14:04 Daniel Riesner
From: Daniel Riesner @ 2022-09-07 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

although for now I only quickly tried GNU Guix in a vm, but more in
depth have read the well written GNU Guix manual, I'm quite fascinated
by it. Having a bit of a background in DevOps working among other things
with infrastructure as code tool Terraform and the method of GitOps, I
came to like declarative configuration. To me it seems for operating
services, it brings e.g. greater transparency in collaboration and
better ways to test and rollback changes in case of failure. Concerning
the more political aspects, in many places I prefer free software and
more decentralized services. Since I'm currently looking for a job,
besides academic institutions, are there any companies known to use GNU
Guix, which maybe even have open positions preferably in Germany or
remote? Or do you maybe know of any places where such offers are shared
as it is done e.g. for NixOS in their discourse forum?

Best wishes
Daniel Riesner