unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Seahorse does not start up when invoked via Gnome shell
@ 2023-01-13 21:49 Daniel Meißner
From: Daniel Meißner @ 2023-01-13 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

when I invoke Seahorse, the password manager, via Gnome shell it does
not start up.  It does not even show up in the activity panel at the
top.  However, when I spawn a terminal and enter `seahorse' at the
command-line it starts up instantly.  Does anyone have a clue what's
going on?

Best,
Daniel

* Re: Seahorse does not start up when invoked via Gnome shell
@ 2023-01-14 16:29 ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2023-01-14 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Meißner; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Daniel,

On Friday, January 13th, 2023 at 21:49, Daniel Meißner <daniel.meissner-i4k@rub.de> wrote:

> Hi Guix,
>

> when I invoke Seahorse, the password manager, via Gnome shell it does
> not start up. It does not even show up in the activity panel at the
> top. However, when I spawn a terminal and enter `seahorse' at the
> command-line it starts up instantly. Does anyone have a clue what's
> going on?

I use Seahorse in guix 9cb42f7 and it works alright. It is in the list of applications and I can launch it from Alt+F2 normally.

Could you provide the information provided by the "guix describe" command?

[-- Attachment #1.2: publickey - luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com - 0x12DE1598.asc --]

* Re: Seahorse does not start up when invoked via Gnome shell
@ 2023-01-15 19:38   ` Daniel Meißner
From: Daniel Meißner @ 2023-01-15 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luis Felipe; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Luis,

Am 14. Januar 2023 17:29:04 MEZ schrieb Luis Felipe <luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com>:

> I use Seahorse in guix 9cb42f7 and it works alright. It is in the list of applications and I can launch it from Alt+F2 normally.

Ah, I've never tried launching it via Alt+F2. That works and is much better than launching a terminal emulator first and than typing seahorse at the prompt. However, clicking on the icon in the list of applications does not work for me. Is this working for you?

> Could you provide the information provided by the "guix describe" command?

My Guix is 5e4ec82, pulled on January 11.

Thanks,

@ 2023-01-16 16:06     ` Luis Felipe
From: Luis Felipe @ 2023-01-16 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Meißner; +Cc: help-guix