unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Translation of Guix Tutorial videos and Subtitles
@ 2019-10-30 11:00 Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli
From: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli @ 2019-10-30 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help guix

Buongiorno Guixers!

I'm so happy to refreshen my adventures here on Guix-land.
In particular, i wanted to share that i find amazing the published
Guix tutorial videos!

Indeed, i would be really glad to contribute by giving an Italian
version (my mother tongue) for the videos' audio. An opportunity for
italian speakers who don't know other languages yet, curious about
this initiative :)

Parallely, i was wondering if subtitles can be enabled, so videos
could be followed without an Audio channel, if unavailable for
viewers.

Have a wonderful time,
Matias

* Re: Translation of Guix Tutorial videos and Subtitles
@ 2019-10-31 19:59 ` sirgazil
From: sirgazil @ 2019-10-31 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli; +Cc: Help guix

Hi, Matias.

---- On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 06:00:07 -0500 Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli <matias_jose_seco@autoproduzioni.net> wrote ----

 > Buongiorno Guixers!
 >
 > I'm so happy to refreshen my adventures here on Guix-land.
 > In particular, i wanted to share that i find amazing the published
 > Guix tutorial videos!

Glad to hear that :)

 > Indeed, i would be really glad to contribute by giving an Italian
 > version (my mother tongue) for the videos' audio. An opportunity for
 > italian speakers who don't know other languages yet, curious about
 > this initiative :)

I'm not very familiar with the process to edit the videos, so I wouldn't know how to add different audio tracks...

 > Parallely, i was wondering if subtitles can be enabled, so videos
 > could be followed without an Audio channel, if unavailable for
 > viewers.

You could send patches for the Guix website to add subtitles in your language (see https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches). You can find information about cloning the website repository in https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix.

If you are not able to submit patches, I think you can send subtitles in WebVTT format to this list and I will help you get them into the website.

---
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/

* Re: Translation of Guix Tutorial videos and Subtitles
@ 2019-11-01 13:27   ` Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli
From: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli @ 2019-11-01 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sirgazil; +Cc: Help guix

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 14:59:33 -0500
sirgazil <sirgazil@zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi, Matias.
Ciao!

> I'm not very familiar with the process to edit the videos, so I
> wouldn't know how to add different audio tracks...
I'll ask directly to Laura Lazzati, thanks.

> You could send patches for the Guix website to add subtitles in your
> language (see
> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches). You can
> find information about cloning the website repository in
> https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix.
>
> If you are not able to submit patches, I think you can send subtitles
> in WebVTT format to this list and I will help you get them into the
> website.

Great!
Thanks for the directions, i'll update the thread for progress, and any
eventual question or issue along the way.

@ 2019-11-01 20:16     ` Laura Lazzati
From: Laura Lazzati @ 2019-11-01 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli; +Cc: Help guix

Hi/Hallo/hola/bonsoir/ciao! :)
Thanks for your interest in contributing with the videos :)

> I'll ask directly to Laura Lazzati, thanks.

Yes, will answer back with the process in the mailing list, so that
everybody can also contribute if they want, I've been absent of the
community just because I was moving countries, hope to be active ASAP,
since I have just started with the process of the whole bureaucracy of
living here and never ends.

A big Argentinian hug to everybody and  I'll be back. Seing the videos on
the site made me happy :)
Laura