unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* You're invited to the first patch review session!
@ 2024-02-22 23:27 Steve George
From: Steve George @ 2024-02-22 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi

We're going to run some online patch review sessions. The first one is on *Thursday, 7th March* and you can sign-up here:

  https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

The background is that Guix has many fantastic contributions that are waiting to be reviewed and added to the archive. We have the QA system that does test builds, but each patch also needs to be evaluated and checked. Anyone can review patches, and reviews help to confirm that a patch is in good shape to be added to the archive.

Doing patch reviews is also a great way to learn about Guix, the different packages and methods involved in packaging. To encourage new reviewers to step forward, and to have some fun we're going to run on-line patch review sessions. These will be informal, probably chaotic - but fun - with the aim that we learn as a group how to review packages.

Each session will be hour 1:30 and they are rotating through the week, so there should be plenty of opportunities to come along. We're using the Guix London's Meet-up and the sessions run on Jitsi.

We'll try and talk a bit about how to do reviews, and then we'll try and do some reviews, learning and asking questions together!

Hope to see you there!

Steve / Futurile

* Re: You're invited to the first patch review session!
@ 2024-03-01 19:11 Suhail
From: Suhail @ 2024-03-01 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve George; +Cc: help-guix, guix-devel

Tomas Volf <~@wolfsden.cz> writes:

> On 2024-02-22 23:27:31 +0000, Steve George wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> We're going to run some online patch review sessions. The first one is on *Thursday, 7th March* and you can sign-up here:
>>
>>   https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024

>> Each session will be hour 1:30 and they are rotating through the week, so there should be plenty of opportunities to come along. We're using the Guix London's Meet-up and the sessions run on Jitsi.
>
> Will the Jitsi link be shared somewhere (here, irc, ...) for those of us who are
> not able to sign up on the page?

Could the Jitsi link also be shared on the mailing list and/or noted on
the libreplanet wiki?

--
Suhail