unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
From: Catonano <catonano@gmail.com>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
Cc: guix-devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>, Joshua Branson <jbranso@fastmail.com>
Subject: Re: my latest blog post
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 15:07:17 +0200	[thread overview]

> Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Andy’s time is still limited.  What other people can do is discuss
> >> *specific* cases on guile-devel and work towards a solution.  But please
> >> do not demand of others to explain everything in detail.  (I’m directing
> >> this at everyone who heeds my advice to go to guile-devel, not at any
> >> one person in particular.)  In order to have a positive impact you also
> >> need to learn enough about the state of the art to ensure that the
> >> discussions can be productive.
> >>

> > I think I demonstrated I am ready to put some effort into this
> >
> > And I think this remark is unfair
>
> I wrote this:
>
>    But please do not demand of others to explain everything in detail.
>    (I’m directing this at everyone who heeds my advice to go to
>    guile-devel, not at any one person in particular.)
>
> Rephrasing: I’d like to point this out to people who take this
> opportunity to bemoan the lack of other features or who disagree with
> what they think are different priorities.  You do not feel addressed if
> you know you’ve made efforts in this area.

This is another of your points I can't process now

I'll try again later

> > And saying I should come on guile-dev and actually provide what I thin is
> > useful, nowing that I can't (not immediately is not a fair answer either
> >
> > Because it's equivalent to a "fuck you"
>
> Wow.  No.
>
> I think that’s an *extremely* uncharitable reading of what I wrote.  I
> will refrain from further comments in this thread lest what I write will
> be misconstrued in a similar fashion.

O, I'll try to clarify this one too.
Just not now

> >> With regards to the shouting match on #guile that you linked in your
> >> blog post, I can only say that I would have likely stepped in had this
> >> happened when I was around.  Textual communication certainly should not
> >> reach these levels of apparent aggression.
> >>

> > What do you mean with "apparent" ?
>
> I’m pretty bad at gauging emotion in textual communication and it’s
> generally not easy to infer the intended tone in short text messages.
> That said, the exchange you linked to appeared to me to be of an
> aggressive nature.  That’s what I mean by “apparent”.

It was of an aggressive nature

I was assaulted in an arbitrary, unwarranted and uncalled for way

It was wild

Because I had used G-golf as an example

I had also used Skribilo as another example

You now what Ludo did ?

Instead of calling me an hopeless moron unwilling to learn, he went and
updated Skribilo, without saying a single word

I noticed

And I appreciated it

So, yes, it was aggressie indeed

Again. I'll try to be more complete later