unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* I don't understand the Curiass WebUI
@ 2019-10-02 12:10 Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2019-10-02 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

again and again I'm struggling with the Curiass web interface
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/>

On the old hydra, this was quite easy to understand: There was a list of
"projects" and "evaluations" and in the evaluations there have been
many, many packages for the Gnu/Guix project (or whatever the exact name
has been).

On ci.guix.gnu.org this is availalbe for "staging-staging" and
"core-updates-core-updates", but not for "master".

For both "guix-master" and "guix-modular-master" there are only a few
"packages", which are named like being system images
(binary-tarball.aarch64-linux, test.raid-root-os.i686-linux, etc.) Same
for "version-1.0.0", etc.

OTOH, if I search for e.g. "python", I'll get some build results, which
are listed to be part of "guix-master".

Can please anybody explain. Or even better: But this explanation on
ci.guix.gnu.org. Or rework the UI, so it is easier to understand?! Many
thanks!

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

* Re: I don't understand the Curiass WebUI
@ 2019-10-02 12:32 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2019-10-02 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hartmut Goebel; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. okt.
2., Sze, 14:10):

> Hi,
>
> again and again I'm struggling with the Curiass web interface
> <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/>
>
> On the old hydra, this was quite easy to understand: There was a list of
> "projects" and "evaluations" and in the evaluations there have been
> many, many packages for the Gnu/Guix project (or whatever the exact name
> has been).
>
> On ci.guix.gnu.org this is availalbe for "staging-staging" and
> "core-updates-core-updates", but not for "master".
>
> For both "guix-master" and "guix-modular-master" there are only a few
> "packages", which are named like being system images
> (binary-tarball.aarch64-linux, test.raid-root-os.i686-linux, etc.) Same
> for "version-1.0.0", etc.

You are looking for guix-master. The interface shows for a given evalution
only
the packages that were scheduled because of the difference between the
evaluation
and the previous one. I believe it would make sense to have an aggregate
package view,
showing the current status of the packages, and the evaluation when they
were last attempted,
and the result of that attempt. Wdyt?

> OTOH, if I search for e.g. "python", I'll get some build results, which
> are listed to be part of "guix-master".
>
> Can please anybody explain. Or even better: But this explanation on
> ci.guix.gnu.org. Or rework the UI, so it is easier to understand?! Many
> thanks!
>

> --
> Regards
> Hartmut Goebel
>
> | Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |
> | www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |

Best regards,
g_bor
--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 7988:3B9F:7D6A:4DBF:3719:0367:2506:A96C:CF63:0B21

* Re: I don't understand the Curiass WebUI
@ 2019-10-02 13:24   ` Hartmut Goebel
From: Hartmut Goebel @ 2019-10-02 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Am 02.10.19 um 14:32 schrieb Gábor Boskovits:

> You are looking for guix-master. The interface shows for a given
> evalution only
> the packages that were scheduled because of the difference between the
> evaluation
> and the previous one.

IC. I assume old hydra was not able to evaluate that fast, thus the
there have been more packages for each evaluation.

Now e.g. ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/7761 contains the rebuild of exactly one
package (next) - which is hard to spot sine it is buried by many "image"
builds.

> I believe it would make sense to have an aggregate package view,
> showing the current status of the packages, and the evaluation when
> they were last attempted,
> and the result of that attempt. Wdyt?

This would be helpful, esp. if it is placed somewhat prominently.
Another possibility would be improve the search-filters.

FWIW: Check when a package has been build the last time (for some
specific platform).

--

@ 2019-10-04 21:37     ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2019-10-04 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)