unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Re: 03/07: gnu: libfive: Add snippet, enable tests and remove obsolete phase.
       [not found] ` <20180419095904.D9E2D204EE@vcs0.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2018-04-19 12:26   ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2018-04-19 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludovic,

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> civodul pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository guix.
>
> commit 0818c01aefbaa7ecce5e310ec5f70886850a7f9c
> Author: Diego Nicola Barbato <dnbarbato@posteo.de>
> Date:   Fri Apr 6 13:43:54 2018 +0200
>
>     gnu: libfive: Add snippet, enable tests and remove obsolete phase.
>
>     * gnu/packages/engineering.scm (libfive)[source]: Add snippet to
>     remove bundled catch.

[...]

> +                (snippet
> +                 ;; Remove bundled catch since we provide our own.
> +                 '(delete-file "libfive/test/catch.hpp"))))

It would be good to try to avoid adding more phases or snippets that
return unspecified values.  I fixed every snippet in 'core-updates', but
I guess more passes will be needed as these errors continue to be
introduced.

      Mark

* Re: 03/07: gnu: libfive: Add snippet, enable tests and remove obsolete phase.
@ 2018-04-19 15:19     ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-04-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Mark,

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> skribis:

> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> civodul pushed a commit to branch master
>> in repository guix.
>>
>> commit 0818c01aefbaa7ecce5e310ec5f70886850a7f9c
>> Author: Diego Nicola Barbato <dnbarbato@posteo.de>
>> Date:   Fri Apr 6 13:43:54 2018 +0200
>>
>>     gnu: libfive: Add snippet, enable tests and remove obsolete phase.
>>
>>     * gnu/packages/engineering.scm (libfive)[source]: Add snippet to
>>     remove bundled catch.
>
> [...]
>
>> +                (snippet
>> +                 ;; Remove bundled catch since we provide our own.
>> +                 '(delete-file "libfive/test/catch.hpp"))))
>
> It would be good to try to avoid adding more phases or snippets that
> return unspecified values.  I fixed every snippet in 'core-updates', but
> I guess more passes will be needed as these errors continue to be
> introduced.

Right, apologies for that; I’ve fixed this particular instance.

I look forward to the day where we can ignore those return values and
assume an exception is thrown when something goes wrong.  Thankfully the
work you’ve been doing on ‘core-updates’ should help us get there!

Ludo’.