unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* bluetooth-service: addition config vaules
@ 2021-12-10 12:35 Demis Balbach
From: Demis Balbach @ 2021-12-10 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

I hope this is the proper mailing list to post to, if not please
redirect me.

I'd like to propose extending the possible config values for the
bluetooth-configuration.

At the moment, only `AutoEnable' is available. But there are more,
specifially:

main.conf:
[General]
# Default adapter name
# Defaults to 'BlueZ X.YZ'
Name = BlueZ

# Automatically connect both A2DP and HFP/HSP profiles for incoming
# connections. Some headsets that support both profiles will only connect the
# other one automatically so the default setting of true is usually a good
# idea.
AutoConnect=true

# Enables Multi Profile Specification support. This allows to specify if
# system supports only Multiple Profiles Single Device (MPSD) configuration
# or both Multiple Profiles Single Device (MPSD) and Multiple Profiles Multiple
# Devices (MPMD) configurations.
# Possible values: "off", "single", "multiple"
MultiProfile = multiple

These are the ones I find particularly important and should be make
available to the service. But there are more:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/bluez.git/tree/src/main.conf

ideally, we would add all of them.

If someone can explain to me how to test and submit it myself, I'll do
it. But I head that it's not as easy as submitting a patch for a
package. I believe a seasoned contributer could submit something way
faster.

In any case,

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Demis Balbach