unofficial mirror of guix-devel@gnu.org
* Website, differentiating GuixSD vs Guix
@ 2015-05-20 19:22 Paul van der Walt
From: Paul van der Walt @ 2015-05-20 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix-devel

Hello Guix,

Minor headache i had, thought i'd share.

Went to the website to download the binary tarball (which seems to work
very well, kudos!), but was bitten by the fact that the GuixSD and GNU
Guix downloads aren't separated. I first ended up with GuixSD instead of
Guix, then after reading way too quickly concluded that i686 was what i
wanted, ended up with the wrong Guix for my platform (x86_64, which is
visually at the end of the "list" containing GuixSD 0.8.2 (x86_64) and
GuixSD 0.8.2 (i686)).

So, i realise i should read more carefully and all, but perhaps a
horizontal rule between the two GuixSD and the 4 GNU Guix downloads
would be nice?

Feel free to call me hasty and myopic or just ignore me. Otherwise it
looks really polished, congrats :)

Ciao,
p.